Chemistry Lessons

0

Posted on : 09:34 | By : Tamarisk

I thought about what to write in this post for a while, I hunted around the web looking for some inspiration and came up a bit short...nothing really grabbed me, nothing made me think "Ooooo, I want to share this with my readers!" (Whoever you are...still not sure if it's more than just my family that read this, sometimes I'm not even sure they do!).

I was actually thinking about a post related to Valentine's Day and this post is sort of related. I realised as I got to the end of my working week how much fantastic chemistry seems to be happening between my clients and I at the moment.

In my private practice I have the luxury of choosing who I work with but I also work within the NHS where clients are just referred to me. With some of those clients I'm able to work long term, with others, we only have six sessions and with only six sessions it can be hard to coax people out of their shell and earn their trust in just six weeks. But right now I'm basking in the glow of what feels like very genuine chemistry with my clients and I love it when it's like this.

This week there have been tears, sadness, anger...even a few "where is your anger?" moments! There have been laughs and reasons to celebrate too. But with each and every client this week there seem to have been some deeply touching moments where I've been granted access to some of the most private spaces and there have been heart-felt and genuine thanks for my time. It's these moments that make me realise that if I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd do this work for free. So if any of my clients actually read this, let me say thank you for choosing me as your therapist. To my NHS clients who just happened to get me...I'm glad I got you.

So, chemistry...it's important in all sorts of relationships.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment